This happens to me all the time:
I know I have a bunch of things that I need to get done;
I remember those things precisely when I'm busy and cannot do them.
BUT when I finally have a few moments of available time,
I do not remember those things that I needed to do!
All the tasks in our life have varying degrees of importance:
So here is my solution, a lifehack that gets me
We are "killing time" almost all the time! While we wait for the game to start, to get called up next for an appointment, in line at the mall, and more.
Those micro-moments are critical for you to be able to stay on top of the "have to's" in order to have space for the "want to's."
What is a Masterlist?
A masterlist is kind of like a vision board, except it's focus is on things you need to do.
A successful masterlist must be:
- convenient for you
- easily retrievable
- FUNCTIONAL more than pretty
- easy to edit (no permanent markers!)
How Is A Masterlist Helpful?
- Ideas are saved and will not be forgotten.
- You become more productive in work. Taking a moment to step away from work or school is not wasted time. Doing one of the tasks will give you a refreshed mind; you will return to work with more energy.
- It guides you out of the "block" that happens to us when we have moments of free time.
- You feel accomplished and overall, more content with your life.